Syria Travel Guide
Syria National Flag

Syria Tourism:
Damascus
Aleppo
Krak des Chevaliers
Palmyra
Bosra
Dead Cities
Hama
Qala'at Samaan

Syria Directory & Syria Travel Information

Syria History
Eblan Civilization
Antiquity and early Christian Era
Islamic Era
Ottoman Era
French Mandate
Instability & Foreign Relations: Independence to 1967
Six Day War and Aftermath
Baath Party Rule Under Hafezc Al-Assad,1970-2000
21st Century

Syrian Territorial Problems:
Turkish-Syrian Dispute Over Iskandaron Province
Israeli Annexation of the Golan Heights

Syria Etymology
Syria Politics
Syria Constitution & Government
Syria Human Rights
Syria Emergency Law
Syria Administrative Divisions
Syria Geography
Syria Economy
Foreign Trade

Transport
Syria Demographics
Syria Ethnic Groups
Syria Religion
Syria Languages
Education in Syria
Syria Military
Syria Culture
Music of Syria
Syrian Literature


Arab Hotels and Beach Resorts - Arab Travel Destinations

Baghdad Vacations
Bahrain Vacations
Iraq Vacations
Jordan Vacations
Kuwait Vacations
Lebanon Vacations
Oman Vacations
Palestine Vacations
Qatar Vacations
Saudi Arabia Vacations
Syria Vacations
United Arab Emirates Vacations
Yemen Vacations

Syria Travel Guide

Syria Holiday Vacation Trips offers travel tips and information for top travel places and best destinations. We feature links, resources and large selection of budget airlines, chartered planes, sea cruises, ferries, travel agencies, land transports and attractions including beaches, medical tourism, retirement homes, historical and pilgrimage tours.


Syria Religion

Muslim 87%, while the remaining 13% are Alawite, Twelvers, and Ismailis combined, Druze 3%, Christian 10%.

Christians, a sizable number of which are also found among Syrian Palestinians, are divided into several groups. Chalcedonian Antiochian Orthodox make up 50–55% of the Christian population; the Catholics make up 18%; the Syriac Orthodox Church, the Armenian Apostolic Church, the Nestorian Assyrians and several smaller Christian denominations account for the remainder. Many Christian monasteries also exist. Many Christian Syrians belong to a high socio-economic class.

Syria also has a tiny population of Jews, confined mainly to Damascus, a remnant of a formerly 40,000 strong community. After the 1947 UN Partition plan, pogroms against the Jews erupted in Damascus and Aleppo, and Jewish property was confiscated or burned. When the State of Israel was established in 1948, many Syrian Jews sought refuge there. Of the remaining 5,000 Jews, 4,000 left in the 1990s, in the wake of an agreement with the United States. As of 2007, the Jewish community has dwindled to less than 70 Jews, most of them elderly.


Trip Holidays also showcase a unique blend of travel and leisure photos and stories, updates, events and announcements about roads, shopping malls, hotels, bed and breakfast, restaurants, groceries and more. Not just a travel guide but one-of-a-kind discovery of people and places.

Syria Travel Informations and Jordan Travel Guide
Syria Etymology - Syria Politics: Constitution & Government - Human Rights - Emergency Law - Syria Administrative Divisions
Syria Geography - Syria Economy: Foreign Trade - Transport - Syria Demographics - Syria Ethnic Groups - Syria Religion
Syria Languages - Education in Syria - Syria Military - Syria Culture - Music of Syria - Syrian Literature

Syria History: Eblan civilization - Antiquity and early Christian era - Islamic era - Ottoman Era
French Mandate - Instability and Foreign Relations: Independence to 1967 - Six Day War and Aftermath
Baath Party Rule Under Hafezc Al-Assad, 1970-2000 - 21st Century
Syrian Territorial Problems: Turkish-Syrian Dispute Over Iskandaron Province - Israeli Annexation of the Golan Heights

Syria Tourism
Syria Tourist Attractions: Damascus - Aleppo - Krak des Chevaliers - Palmyra - Bosra
Dead Cities - Hama - Qala'at Samaan

Other Destinations: Africa, Asia, Arab, Europe, USA

Other Arab Travel Destinations
Baghdad | Bahrain | Iraq | Jordan | Kuwait | Lebanon | Oman | Palestine | Qatar | Saudi Arabia
Syria | United Arab Emirates | Yemen

All Rights Reserved. © Copyright